For the longest time, I wondered when it would be my time, my turn, to have a “bestie”, a best friend. The one I could tell anything and everything. You know, your darkest realities; your lowest heights, your “fakest truth.”
Then there was a time during my university years that I almost forced one, that I actually forced one. (Or, did I?)
Anyway, it crashed, FLAT!
Eventually, I gave up.
Maybe the whole “one friend fits all” thing is not just my thing to have.
…maybe not all of us will get lucky with one?
…maybe there’s just so much love for my kind to give? To share?
Lol.
Even I doubt if that was/is the case, with all of this bad character. (Jokes, I’m a sweet girl.)
Anyway!!!
I eventually accepted fate, moved on with life; not searching for love, nor friendship. I stayed with being a good person, a good human (as best as I could…)
ALAS!
It found me.
Friendship found me.
Love found me.
And then I realized:
“Bestie” is not necessarily a person.
Truly, we have an abundance of love to give.
“…because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.” — Romans 5:5
Bestie can be a multitude of people.
A community.
People who lavish you with love because they also have an abundance of it.
People who allow themselves to receive your love.
It is people you choose.
People who choose you.
Can be blood.
…or not.
Yours, to own, to cherish, to adore, to nurture, to love.
Your blood!!!
Your tribe!!!
And it isn’t automatic.
It is consciously nourished — until it grows into flourishing, into abundance, into overflow.
And it, friendship, whether embedded in a person or in a community, is beautiful!!!
And it comes when you’re not searching.
When you are just living.
When you are just loving.
When we are at rest, not obsessing over finding “the perfect one”.
Iyanuoluwa Araba π
Oh myyyyy!! This is sooo cute and such a good read.
ReplyDeleteThey say moving woman will meet her luck, a living/loving woman will meet her love, her persons.
Kudos, babyπ
Thanks my love π₯°π₯°
ReplyDelete